WHY JOIN IMCORP
IMCORP is an award-winning, multi-faceted company offering excellent career opportunities in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. Our leading-edge cable diagnostic technology delivers precise and cost-effective solutions that maximize our customers’ success. We seek talented and dedicated people who want to join an exciting, high-growth company with a strong financial foundation. If your ideal is to work at a place where people listen to your ideas, respond quickly and work together to achieve the highest standards, IMCORP is for you. Join us, and be part of a creative team that is revolutionizing the energy industry. Your work will build a robust future for our customers, environment and communities.
- Top 34 Fastest-Growing U.S. Engineering Firms 7 years in a row – Inc. Magazine
- Top UCONN Start-Up Company
- Best Companies to Work in Connecticut – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Competitive pay
- Top-notch benefits, including medical/dental/vision/disability insurance, paid time off/holidays, 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, Flex Place program and more
This is an exciting opportunity to build, implement and manage a comprehensive company-wide data architecture. You will lead the Analytics team to create customer value, enable operational excellence, and accelerate technical innovation. You'll be a core member of IMCORP's leadership team as you shape our overall data governance platform and company business analytics solutions. The ideal candidate will have interest and expertise in engineering, financial and operational data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related field
- Master’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Management, Business Analytics, or other related field preferred
- 2 years’ experience in analytics, with at least 1 year experience in team management, communication, and presentation
- Understanding of data management concepts, data governance principles and practices, and the impact data has on technology implementation
- SQL Skills or capacity to learn quickly; familiarity with other analytic technologies a plus (e.g., R, Python, Sisense, etc)
- Ability to apply Agile principles and methodology – including crafting roadmaps, grooming backlogs, defining requirements, and structuring work into valuable increments - with a focus on continuous integration, delivery, and inspiring change
- Understanding of business functions and common data sources / models e.g., Sales, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing including predictive maintenance, Operations including supply chain, sourcing and logistics
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to influence and persuade, build consensus, drive and energize teams
- Willingness to advocate for the improved data, systems, and processes
- Teaming skills, collaborative style and commitment to continuous professional growth
- Prioritization and escalation skills
- Ability to partner on various projects and teams while interfacing with business stakeholders to ensure value delivery
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction
- Data Governance. Lay the foundation for consistent and usable data: establish clear responsibilities and processes to standardize, protect, and store IMCORP data
- Data Democratization. Provide the ability for everyone to access the information they need to execute their own visions in a user-friendly manner
- Actionable Insights. Advise on possible outcomes by going beyond descriptive analytics and visualization by developing our core capabilities in predictive modelling, forecasting, and optimization algorithms
- Design for Scalability. Collaborate on technology and business strategy across the company to recommend, develop and strategically plan analytics to support and meet company objectives.
- Determine appropriate Analytics organization structure, staffing requirements and resource criteria needed to meet current and future business needs with an ongoing focus on driving continuous improvement
- Provide strong project management and budget discipline to bring analytics projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and application systems' best practices to identify opportunities to strengthen foundational analytics systems, reduce expenses and position IMCORP for growth
- Analyze source databases, source data, source database referential integrity and profiling source data, data modeling, database tuning techniques
- Analyze and generate technical requirements and design
- Create and maintain data models in a data warehouse environment
- Periodically review appropriateness of technologies used for system components and recommend modifications and/or upgrades when necessary to keep systems operating according to defined service level agreements and operating level agreements
- Develop, maintain, and optimize logical and physical data models using best practices and company standards to ensure high data quality, reduced data redundancy, and good query performance.
- Assist in the creation of best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models
- Document database processes that currently extract the data from the existing system for reporting purposes
- Define and document the technical architecture of the data, including the physical components and their functionality, data models and data dictionaries
- Lead design reviews of data models and other relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy and integrity
- Consult with ETL developers, report developers and end users concerning how to use the database as designed and how to navigate efficiently within the database
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces, and system integration challenges and solutions
IMCORP is the technology leader in underground power cable reliability. Our diagnostic technology locates existing cable system defects and determines future cable reliability. This performance-driven solution provides the most effective and efficient means to determine the reliability of new or aged cable systems. The IMCORP Factory Grade ® technology has enabled rapid growth across industries around the world. From single phase 5kV to 500kV, IMCORP is setting the standard in power cable reliability.
IMCORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Qualified military veterans welcome.
Visit us at www.imcorp.com